China Certification Area
The China Compulsory Certificate mark, commonly known as CCC Mark, is a compulsory safety mark for many products imported, sold or used in the Chinese market. It became effective on May 1, 2002. It is the result of the integration of China's two old compulsory inspection systems, namely "CCIB" (Safety Mark, introduced in 1989 and required for products in 47 product categories) and "CCEE" (also known as "Great Wall" Mark, for electrical commodities in 7 product categories), into a single procedure. The CCC mark is administered by the CNCA (Certification and Accreditation Administration).
The China Quality Certification Centre (CQC) is designated by CNCA to process CCC mark applications and defines the products that need CCC. Products on the catalogue cover from human health and safety, as well as that of animals and plants, to environment protection and public safety. For now, there are totally 146 kinds of products of 18 categories involved in CCC Certification catalogue. Please refer to the below CCC Controlled Product List
CCC Controlled Product List
- Electrical wires and cables
- Switches for circuits, Installation protective and connection devices
- Low-voltage Electrical Apparatus
- Small Power motors
- Electric tools
- Welding machines
- Household and similar electrical appliances
- Audio and video apparatus
- Information technology equipment
- Lighting apparatus
- Telecommunication terminal equipment
- Motor vehicles and Safety parts
- Motor vehicle tires
- Safety Glasses
- Agricultural Machinery
- Latex Products
- Medical Devices
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Detectors for Intruder Alarm Systems
- Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) systems
CCC Basic Application Document
- Authorization Letter
- Organization Code Certificate & Business License of the local company
- Hard Copy of sign-back CCC application letter
- OEM or ODM Processing Agreement
- CCC Confirmation Letter
- CB Cert. & Report
- Circuit Diagram
- Simplified Chinese Label
- CCC Logo
- Simplified Chinese User’s Manual
- Power Supply 3C Certificate & Label
- Power Cord Set CCC Cert.
- PCB & Enclosure UL Cert.
- Battery UL or CB Report
- Most Updated CCC FI Report
- EMC Critical Component List
- Safety Critical Component
- Frequency Declaration Letter &
Telecommunication Port Declaration
The certification process usually takes between 4-8 months and includes the following steps:
Submission of an application and supporting materials
Type Testing. A CNCA-designated test laboratory in China will test product samples
Factory Inspection. CQC will send representatives to inspect the manufacturing facilities
Evaluation of the results
Approval of the CCC Certificate (or failure and retesting)
Annual Follow-up Factory Inspections by Chinese officials
China Compulsory Certification Mark
”China Compulsory Certification” mark is abbreviated“CCC”.
The CCC Mark is composed of Basic Pattern & Type Certification.
I. Basic Pattern II. Type Certification
Refer to Picture II, the type of certification label is printed on the right side of the basic pattern. “S” stands for Safety Approval.
Picture II :Certification Logo
For special certified products( wire, cables), the abbreviation of “China Compulsory Certification”, CCC, is applicable.
Certification Mark Specification The certification marks fall into two categories, standard-size and irregular-size certification marks.
(1) The standard-size has five categories. See Table 1 and Figure 3 for specifications. Table 1 specifications of the standard-size certification mark mm
表一 : 標準規格驗證標誌的尺寸 單位：mm
The irregular-size certification marks vary in size, but must be in proportional line to the standard-size.
The standard-size certification marks printed only by CNCA are of black design on a white background.
If the certification mark is printed, pressed, molded, screen-printed, painted, etched, carved, stamped or sealed on the product(s) or the nameplate(s) of the product(s), the color of the background and that of the design can be reasonably altered so as to match the appearance of the product(s) or the nameplate(s) of the product(s).
Use of Certification Mark
The manner in which the certification mark is applied to the certified products may be selected based on the nature of the product(s).
- The standard-size certification marks printed only by CNCA shall be affixed to the specified place on the outer body of the certified product(s).
- If the certification mark is printed, pressed, molded, screen-printed, painted, etched, carved, stamped or sealed on the product(s) or the nameplate(s) of the product(s), it shall be applied on an exposed location on the outer body of the product(s) or the nameplate(s) of the product(s).
- If it is not appropriate to apply the certification mark to the body of the product(s), the certification mark must be applied to the smallest packing of the product(s) and indicated in the attached document(s).
- For certified products of a special nature that would not be appropriate for certification marks to be applied, the special derivation of the “China Compulsory Certification (CCC)” must be printed, pressed, molded, screen-printed, painted, etched, carved, stamped or sealed on the product(s) or the nameplate(s) of the product(s).
- For compulsory products that have been certified, the Certification Mark may be applied to the packing of the products. Products produced overseas must apply the certification mark after being certified before they are imported, while products produced domestically must apply certification mark after being certified before they are allowed out of the factory.
Copyright © Cerpass Group All rights reserved.