|Touch Current Test Introduction
Touch Current Test
To ensure parts at human reach such as enclosure, terminals, etc..has noelectric shock risk.
- EUT primary is U=1.06 or 1.1Un, F=Fn (upper), secondary circuits are disconnected from other equipment.
- Earth conductor of the EUT disconnected. EUT is placed on an insulated table or stand.
- Class II equipment or class II construction, the user accessible area is test by a metal foil 10cm X 20 cm.
- If Y-capacitor is provided, the test shall be conducted under max capacitance of the Y-capacitor that the manufacturer wishes to use and shall be recorded.
- Test is made with both Line and Neutral conductor. Power switch of the EUT, if any, shall be opened or closed in all possible position.
- Figure D.1 or D.2 is used as appropriate.
1. Please refer to Table 5A below